8.12.2017

Year 9


My room just keeps getting better and better. I really can't imagine anything I would change but I've thought that every year before this too.

There's just something about it right now that I feel like really reflects me. Or maybe I'm just more me when I'm in here.


This quote says Be brave with your life. 


I will forever love my Milligram bulletin board. It is my actual school account.



Having a little light and air freshener is really important to me.


That Poppins desk set is SO worth it.


Using powder drink holders as pen caddy's-covered the bottom with duck tape and will hand these out when needed since they were all stolen last year.


 Filing cabinet makeover with spray paint and contact paper.


 My clearance TJ Maxx clock and Oriental trading pennant banner.


My $.25 yard sale box that hold my 18 privacy folders {blog post to come}.



Replace green chevron border with gray from Hobby Lobby {$3.99 or $2.39 with coupon}



Replaced blue and green paper lanterns with turquoise chevron paper lanterns.



Chevron folders for each period in my hanging file holder for absent students.


Baby trash cans from Dollar Tree and custom laminated drawer labels.


All ten drawers!


The top of these carts have holes in them and students love to put tape over the holes and then stab it which makes it impossible to take the tape off. This year I laminated two 8.5x11 scrapbook papers and hot glued the corners down. 




...for individual pencil holders made of smoothie straws and duck tape.



My no-sew chevron intruder curtain made with paperclips and binder clips that unrolls with a pull of a ribbon...teal ribbon of course.

And one of my new favorite quotes:

"Be brave enough to be bad at something new."
-Jon Acuff

I didn't realize how being brave kept showing up as a theme in my classroom until people at TMC and on Twitter have mentioned it. 

I don't think it is bravery when you have no other choice.


4 comments:

  1. I love your room. It makes me want to really do a better job decorating my room. Except that we are starting a HUGE remodel in January and I'm not sure how much I want to do to my room. But still, I could make it better I think. I think I would like to start with the intruder curtain. How did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be my next blog post!

      Also I would recommend starting right now you find something that smells good, something that adds light, and something cute that you love to look at to your room. Then start slowing buying things throughout the year for your personal room remodel next school year. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your room. I'm sure your students live all the time you spend making your room such a nice place to be in while they learn. I hope they get how much time you take preparing for them to have a good experience in your class! I want yo be in your class!! Happy first day 2017!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb,
      Thank you for always encouraging me and sharing your positive perspective with me. :)

      Delete