1.22.2016

Curriculum Notes


I don't know why I haven't thought of this sooner- probably because I mostly rely on my memory for everything. Even I get surprised at how well my brain works. I can open a document that I used last school year and remember that there was an error on it. Isn't that uncanny?

Anyway, enough bragging about the brain I know and love. This year I decided to make an Excel spreadsheet. Each course has a separate, color-coded tab which matches my teacher INB for each course.




Which is totally on purpose.

Then in each tab I list the units and suggestions for changes I want to make, things that went wrong, things that need to be fixed, or something new I want to add. After the first unit, I decided to start putting the skill number in front of the note so I know exactly what it pertains to. (Click the picture to see it better, sorry it sucks small)


I love that I can use Excel to keep everything organized and only open one file. 

I have a computer than runs my SMART board at the front of the room and then my desk with a laptop at the back. I am rarely at my desk until my plan period. I write an e-mail addressed to myself at my computer in the front and make notes throughout the day of what I need to do on my plan period and for the next day. Even in the middle of a lesson, I can find time to type a little note when something needs to be fixed or changed. Then I send it to myself and accomplish as much as I can on my plan period and the rest after school ends.

My plan is to use this over the summer as a to-do list instead of not doing anything until the week before school and hating my life. 

I don't know how well it will work but it seems a lot more doable to "Make a graph on legal size paper with movable labels for characteristics of a graph" than to make a new lesson from scratch or wonder if I need anything made for that unit. 

Hooray for organizational wins, again!

2 comments:

  1. In 1962, Kalyanji Bhagat started the Satta Matka. Rattan Khatri introduced the New Worli matka in 1964, with slight modifications to the rules of the game. Kalyanji Bhagat's matka ran for all days of the week, whereas Rattan Khatri’s matka ran only five days a week, from Monday to Friday.
    During the flourishing of textile mills in Mumbai, many mill workers played satta matka, resulting in bookies opening their shops in and around the mill areas, predominantly located in Central Mumbai. Central Mumbai became the hub of the satta matka business in Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete