- I can't redo much in one week.
- In Illinois, only Algebra II will be tested by PARCC this year.
- I have tenure.
- They will never find another math teacher who lives as close to the school as I do and who is as invested in the community as I am...so they won't fire me when the scores suck really bad.
- I won't do anyone any good by being emotional and panicky and depressed all year.
- I need an action plan.
RedoRevise my pacing guides to make sure all CC standards are covered according to the PARCC frameworks of which class they belong in.
- Start using planbookedu.com to organize my standards
- Link activities and resources that my twitter fam have graciously shared plus what I already use as well as INB pages and FALS
- Get my INB TOCs and first pages together
- Nail down my first days ideas
- Nail down my bell ringer system for the year
And lo and behold God gives me a sign that I'm on the right track because Lise just posted her bell ringer system which I am going to steal and change Mondays to my own Mental Math Mondays.
And me and Brooke are collaborating on an Alg 2 pacing guide...although I am not much help, we plan to try to teach it together throughout the year and compare notes. Yay for colloaboration!
I'm feeling better now and I plan on spending my night making more cute posters because that is my favorite thing to do. Then tomorrow, the real work begins!